The Canadian Deafblind Association – BC Chapter promotes the awareness and recognition of deafblindness and Intervention.
We are a provincial organization that endeavours to:
- Promote public awareness of deafblindness as a unique disability and work towards official government recognition of deafblindness as a unique disability.
- Promote the philosophy of Intervention.
- Work with government and other agencies to initiate and promote the development of programs designed to provide Intervention for individuals who are deafblind.
- Support the service delivery component of the organization.
- Promote training in the areas of deafblindness and Intervention.
- Act as a resource in addressing the needs of individuals who are deafblind.