Donations of any size make a real impact at the Canadian Deafblind Association – BC Chapter. Undesignated donations from individuals are used to support costs associated with our programming. The Canadian Deafblind Association – BC Chapter practices ethical fundraising and we believe in full and transparent accountability to our donors. In order to help our donors direct how they would like their donation to be used, we have created several funds:
- Outreach – This fund helps with outreach throughout the province. From family support to in-services to supplying resources, this fund helps our organization truly service the full province.
- Community Involvement Opportunities – This fund aids with programming opportunities for adults and children who are deafblind including our recreation and retreat programs.
- Hospital Intervention Services – This is a fund that children and adults who are deafblind and their families can access for intervention services during medical services.
- Equipment Fund – This fund has been established to assist individuals who are deafblind with the purchase of specialized items such as hearing aids, splints, wheelchair parts, repairs, instruments and any other items that are of a therapeutic, educational or personal nature.
- Awareness – This fund is used to further awareness activities, including the province wide Deafblind Awareness Week campaign which runs June 21-27 every year.
To make a donation to CDBA-BC:
•Call our office at (604) 528-6170, or
•Mail a cheque made out to Canadian Deafblind Association BC Chapter at
227 Sixth Street, New Westminster, BC, V3L 3A5